Admission Rules for Postgraduate Programmes
The Master’s degree programme admission procedure is regulated according to «The Standard Rules of Admission to Educational Institutions» that provides postgraduate professional programmes, and which was adopted by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated on January 19, 2012, No. 109.
The candidates who have complete the corresponding degree programme of no less than 240 ECTS.
The Admission Committee accepts applicants’ documents. The members of the Admission Committee are assigned by the Rector of the University. Master’s degree programme applicants are to provide the Admission Committee with the following documents:
- application addressed to the Rector of the University;
- copy of the certificate of higher education (postgraduate certificate);
- copy of an international language certificate (if acquired);
- record book of employment (for those who have work experience);
- six photosof 3×4 cm;
- medical certificate of special 086-У type;
- copy of an identity card;
- list of scientific papers and instructional researches (if any).
The original documents should be submitted along with their copies for verification procedure. After the verification procedure original documents are returned to the candidates. Applications are accepted beginning from 10thto 31thof July.
Admission is competitive and based on the entry examinations results.The entry examinations for the Republic of Kazakhstan are as follows: a foreign language examination and examination in the major subject. For international applicants the entry examinations are as follows: Kazakh or Russian language examination and examination in the major subject.
For the citizens of RK it is possible to study at Master’s degree programme free of charge (by receiving the state grant) or to study on the payment basis (from the citizens’ own budget or other financial resources). The right to get postgraduate education free of charge for foreign citizens is granted by the international agreements of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The fact that one of the entry examinations is a foreign language examination held by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan ensures that candidates will be able to successfully complete the courses taught in foreign language. The certificate with the result of examination of 50 points corresponds to the Pre-intermediate language level.
The candidate is exempt from entry language examination if he already has international language certificate on such as:
- On English language: Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programm (TOEFL ITP – no less than 460 points), Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT – no less than 87), Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-based Test(TOEFL – no less than 560), International English Language Tests System (IELTS – no less than 6.0);
- On German language: Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang (DSH, NiveauС1/ level С1), TestDaF-Prufung (Niveau C1/level С1);
- On French language: Test de Francais International™ (TFI – not lower than B1 in the listening and reading sections), Diplomed’Etudesen Langue francaise (DELF, level В2), DiplomeApprofondi de Langue francaise (DALF, level С1), Тest de connaissance du francais(TCF – no less than 400 points).
These certificates prove that applicantshave sufficient language command to complete the academic courses of the programme.
A professional foreign language as the core-discipline is included into the programme to improve knowledge of foreign language of those who are enrolled in the Master’sprogramme and to help to know the professional vocabulary and terminology.
Admission rules and examination procedure are published and described on the University website. The admission requirements are implemented in accordance with the normative and legislative document “The Standard Rules of Admission to Educational Institutions” adopted by the decree of the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated on January 19, 2012 under No.109 and educational guidance for higher institutions published on official legislative websites.
The information on the Master Programmes regarding the academic standards of study, admission requirements are contained in the brochures, leaflets, posters which are available to public and other stakeholders, as well as are distributed during the recruitment campaigns from April to June run by the Admissions Office.
The results of the entry examinations of applicants who are awarded with a grant are posted on the University website and also the detailed information board of the Department of Postgraduate Education and International Relations. The points on each section of the exam of every applicant are given in the score chart where the last names of candidates are given in the descending order according to the overall result.
The Institute of Postgraduate Education and International Communications has issued the decree of admission procedure which is in action up to 25th August.